The issue of privacy has never been very simple. Both Israeli law and and judicial practices have understood that social reality is not a black and white matter. There is a distinction between the privacy of an elected representative, whose actions have great implications on others, and that of a private person in his 'anonymous' life. Protection of the privacy of a minor is much stricter than protection of an adult's privacy. This complexity is joined by the open, multichannel, free and fast digital environment. As a result, there are many more grey areas now than in the past in the field of privacy protection. It seems that each situation has a new interpretation, appropriate to the circumstances and to the technological arena. Therefore, the ability to rely on precedent is diminished, and the level of legal expertise required to manage a case in this field is ever higher. If confidential or private information on you is revealed online, you must act quickly.
ES, Eli Shimony Attorneys-at-Law, shall act to prevent the violation of your privacy. Even if dealing with a single post on a social network, a message in a forum, a comment on a news website or your private photograph which should not have been published – we will assist you in establishing the legal proceeding. Publication and distribution of information have become easier and more accessible with tools such as Facebook, Instagram, Secret and more. The potential damages of privacy violations on these platforms are disproportionate to the unbearable ease in which they are caused. Private information concerning you may adversely affect your status at work, or with a potential employer, interfere with your relationships, break-up family connections, cause you to lose your clients, or put you 'in the sights' of authorities and public agencies.
How can we assist you?
- Representation in applications for exposure of posters of information in digital means, anonymously or under a pseudonym.
- Filing injunctions to prevent exposure of information or removal of exposed information, due to likely violation of privacy.
- Did you publish something in violation of another person's privacy, in good faith? We shall advise you on how to try to reduce the damage.
- Legal analysis: inspecting whether there is a cause of claim or defense in connection with exposure of information under Israeli law.
- Filing financial compensation claims and representation in courts in connection with wrongs and defense in the field of privacy.
- Consultation for posters in connection with information they wish to publish on any person, and its drafting so as to comply with legal frameworks.
Why do our clients choose us?
- Our consultation is adapted to the exposing entity: a newspaper will enjoy protections which may not necessarily be available to a different revealer of information.
- Freedom of expression: we prefer to think in terms of how to expose, rather than whether to expose. The wisdom lies in the solution.
- Speed: did you publish something? Was your privacy violated? Time is of the essence, and we are here to advise you as soon as possible.
- Efficiency: in some cases we may advise on a claiming the compensation set by law, rather than managing a more complex and expensive course of action