Google, the Company that has at its goal the organization of information worldwide, also selected as its official motto the slogan "don't be evil." In this way, the internet giant declares that the foremost principle guiding its policies and conduct is avoiding commercial wrongs. For example, Google is committed to objectivity in the search engine, to the benefit of users. The company's management declares that it avoids manipulation in search results for inappropriate reasons. Thus, for example, Google's direct competitors also get high rankings in the search engines, for the relevant search terms. This "don't be evil" commitment, even if it has no contractual effect, establishes Google's relations of trust its services' users and with its business partners. Moreover, this slogan clarifies Google's intention to compete with other players under conditions of fairness and mutual respect. Not every industry is characterized by the same "sterility" as the IT field.
Not every market leader has a business motto like Google's. We at ES, Eli Shimony Attorneys-at-Law, provide solutions for a wide diversity of industries such as tourism, industry, insurance, banking and retail. We witness fierce competition in the Israeli commercial market that often blurs the boundaries between what is and what is not permitted in the business world. On the one hand, we assist our clients in acting under fair competition rules, while on the other hand we assist them to protect themselves from commercial wrongs when the boundaries are crossed by other market players.
How can we assist you?
- Were you wronged by a false publication? We will assist in enforcing the prohibition on false description, and will file a claim for financial compensation against the violating party.
- Was your business's name used with an intention to mislead? We will act to put an end to the passing off and to file a damage claim.
- Is a competitor obstructing the ordinary operation of your business? We will put an end to this unfair interference.
- Was your commercial secret stolen or leaked out? You might be eligible to financial compensation of 100 thousand NIS, before proving damage!
- Consultation on fair competition issues and reducing exposure and the risk of claims by competitors.
Why do our clients choose us?
- Commercial wrongs are "flexible" civil offenses, and proving them requires legal skills.
- We allow our competitions to compete, innovate and create, while reducing the risks of exposure to commercial wrongs.
- We will respond quickly and decisively to put an end to the commercial wrong or to prevent the damage it causes from materializing.