"A picture is worth a thousand words" is a saying that almost everybody agrees on. Every good salesman knows that "seeing is believing." A picture, 3D simulation, video – all these have become the most efficient sales accessories for the products that we consume in our digital, connected and information-saturated world. However, exposure of this visual information entails considerable business risk. It is actually unique and innovative industrial design that draws attentions and gets shared on social networks. Great exposure is both a marketing lever that rewards innovations and a two-edged sword that may turn your new design into an easy target for counterfeiters and forgers throughout the world.
Companies that put in their best resources and abilities may see their investment go to waste. On the other hand, companies that succeed in securing 5 years of exclusivity over a commercial design they file, may have a clear commercial advantage in a commercial environment that is challenging and competitive as it is. With the growing importance of digital culture and new media in our lives, we see more and more designs, and not necessarily industrial designs, that are also granted registered commercial designs. ES, Eli Shimony Attorneys-at-Law, shall assist you in registering designs for user interfaces, computer game characters, application screens, 3D simulations, and more. This is how we can enable startup companies and developers to stay on the fast lane of product development.
How can we assist you?
- Litigation and legal consultation in commercial design registration processes, in protecting designs and in dealing with violations and registration of rights in Israel.
- Evaluation and management of the risks involved in registration and publication of commercial designs in different target countries.
- Unique service by our firm: tracking the filing of applications with similar designs that violate your commercial design rights.
Why do our clients choose us?
- We will advice you and assist you in selecting the type of protection right for you.
- Our experts offer you with the perfect commercial design team– designers, engineers, draftsmen and lawyers.
- Quick and cost effective plans for filing an application with the WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization) and the OHIM*.
- Flexibility: plans adjusted to the client's budget, needs and timetables.
- Global markets: commercial design portfolio management with European industries and manufacturers.