Many businesses owe their success to their reputation. The reputation of such businesses reflects the collective trust of buyers, consumers, users, recommenders or clients. Israeli class action law enables consumers to also express collective mistrust of businesses that let them down or service providers that wronged them. ES, Eli Shimony Attorneys-at-Law, will assist you in filing applications for approval of claims as class actions, against businesses, pursuant to consumer protection laws. The range of possible causes in these contexts is very diverse. For example, the quality of products and services that were provided to you, or were provided only partially or were not provided at all. Sometimes the cause is a crucial or personal service that the provider has ceased from providing, suddenly or without advance notice. In other cases, the services you consume end up costing you more than you agreed to pay, due to over-collection, erroneous calculation, or because the business 'has forgotten' to update you on additions to your bill.
A class action may also focus on a case where you were misled by the provider. For example, if you discover traces of dairy in a product marked 'non-diary.' In such cases, the personal damage to you allows you to file a claim on behalf of a class of peopled harmed by a similar defect. Class actions are not a simple legal proceeding. In Israel, most claims are rejected in limine, with the person filing the claimer charged with damages to the defendant. Strong businesses and large service providers are represented by leading law firms. Dealing with them requires confidence, creativity and legal expertise. You will find all these in the ES Class Action Team, at your service.
How can we assist you?
- We will check whether any injury or damage have public implications, establishing cause for filing an application for class action.
- Examination of the application's compliance with all tests defined by courts, in order to improve the chances of its approval.
- Employing experts to determine the type and amount of the damage and the compensation: class actions are sometimes inflated in a way that harms the applicant.
- Filing the application and representation throughout the process of its approval and afterwards, if approved, as part of the action proceeding itself.
- Regular consultation to businesses on guidelines and on drafting uniform contracts, in such a manner as to reduce consumer risks.
- Representation of businesses in defense proceedings against applications for approval of class action.
Why do our clients choose us?
- Thoroughness: we will not file an application for approval of class action which does not meet, in our view, the tests set by case history.
- Public interest: we will lead the legal proceeding, but shall consider involving the Israel Consumer Council when appropriate.
- Independence: our firm will not hesitate to act against any business or any service provider with any volume of activity or any financial strength.