In the free market economy characteristic of most western countries, the common approach is that market forces are operating in an accessible, free, open and competitive environment. In reality, in almost any economy, there are monopolies that control a certain industry and abuse the lack of competition in that field. If you or your business were wronged by monopolistic or aggressive conduct, ES, Eli Shimony Attorneys-at-Law, will examine whether your case is appropriate for an inspection by the Israeli Antitrust Authority. We will represent you in cases where competition is adversely affected in a variety of illegal scenarios: price coordination between two players in the same field (cartel), binding contracts between products and services, "predatory" pricing that abuses your lack of choice as consumers or diminishes your profit margins as businesses, stipulation of the provision of any service or product on the refusal to transact with a third party, arbitrary increase of prices as a result of the introduction of a new player's products, blocking markets through commercial sanctions and more.
Class actions against monopolies and cartels allow the 'small' player to enforce the rules of fair and free competition, to create economic incentives to decrease prices and to assist the introduction of new players. Our firm also represents defendants in the antitrust field, as well as officeholders in public companies in class actions in the securities field.
How can we assist you?
- Filing applications for approval of class action with the administrative affairs court ("lesser supreme court").
- Filing an application for approval of a class action and representation throughout the proceeding.
- Consultation for authorities after meticulous inspection, as to whether their operations correspond with the relevant collection guidelines.
- Examining the feasibility of filing a cessation* letter on behalf of authorities.
Why do our clients choose us?
- Refund of money: usually as early as the preliminary demand proceedings, without the complex process of preparing and filing an application.
- Approval of a class action: we will appraise in advance the action's chances of approval, on the basis of our experience and the letter of the law.
- Speed: time, as foregoing, is usually on the sides of the authorities. We shall act promptly to complete the proceeding.
- Estimate of damages: we will provide a realistic evaluation to prevent the disqualification of the action by the district / administrative affairs court.
* An order to an authority to cease immediately the collection of the relevant amount.