Most people believe that a will is something you should prepare only when you are old. This common misconception is widespread throughout the world and in most cultures. The unexpected reality of our lives teaches us otherwise. Every person with property or assets, at any age and in any stage in life, should have a valid will. The will is the best protection a person can leave behind for the people he loves. Immediately following his death, his last will should be brought to their knowledge clearly and explicitly.
The main source of conflict between inheritors is the lack of a will. We at ES, Eli Shimony Attorneys-at-Law, will advise you on how to regulate inheritance matters as part of a simple, clear will. This arrangement should include reference to guardianship arrangements for minors under 16 years of age, and care for their future economic welfare. A will is also the best way to continue caring for the sustenance of your dependents, even when you are no longer with them. Drafting a will can in many cases save costs for your inheritors, with the Israeli tax authorities or for legal services intended to settle disputes.
How can we assist you?
- Drafting wills and representation in will approval proceedings.
- Distribution of property, management and distribution of an estate, alimony and guardianship.
- Examining 'undue influence' in the period of time up to and including the signing of the will.
- Filing motions, or objections, to execution of the will or distribution, by succession order (in case there is no will).
- Disposing and liquidating joint ownership of inherited assets.
- Notary approved power of attorney to a beneficiary before death (or objecting to an attorney-in-fact's authority).
Why do our clients choose us?
- An unprofessional will, or one that was not prepared by an attorney, may create more problems than it solves.
- Comprehensive inspection of economic interests, including tax liability, along with the personal and family circumstances.
- Peace of mind: we shall work in your name to realize your full explicit will, in letter and in spirit.
- Protecting your loved ones: in executing the will, we shall act with sensitivity and discretion.