Your reputation – whether you are a private individual, an administrative agency, or a public or a private company – is an inseparable part of your property as a whole. No other person can be allowed to expropriate or harm your reputation. Your right to your privacy is also protected by law. However, many of us sometimes find ourselves in situations where our goodwill, or our privacy, is under threat. The Israeli Book of Laws explicitly states the common cases: eavesdropping, photographing a person in his private domain, degrading distribution of a photograph, exposure of private correspondence, defamation at the workplace, using a person's name and photograph for profit (such as an advertisement without his or her agreement), the violation of the duty of confidentiality toward him, publication of his or her confidential information such as sexual background, health or spouse information etc.
We at ES, Eli Shimony Attorneys-at-Law, represent both plaintiffs and defendants in defamation and privacy cases in Israel. Our legal strategy consists of 3 primary components:
1. Awareness and prevention.
2. Risk management.
3. Minimizing risks and deterrence.
Our top priority is to protect your reputation and privacy. The professional team here at ES can offer the most effective and economic tactics to do so, for example: recommend the company to reduce risks while choosing the course of compromise, to also allow the reduction of the snowball effect of negative publicity.
How can we assist you?
- Inspection as to whether any legitimate right you may have concerning reputation or privacy has indeed been violated.
- As defendants, we will provide you with a defense by virtue of publication in good faith or publication of information of public interest.
- We will act to prevent publication or distribution of defamatory or revelatory information on you, by filing applications for injunctions.
- Claim your damages, whether in the express course for a quick relief claim, or as part of a longer course of action by evidence.
- File an application for an in camera trial, to protect your privacy.
- Representation in proceedings intended to mediate between you and your counterparty, in connection with damage to reputation and compensation for it.
Why do our clients choose us?
- Immediate consultation with the purpose of reducing further damages of snowballing publicity.
- Awareness and prevention: we give seminars on defamation and privacy in organizations, media organizations and PR firms.
- Expertise: operating multidisciplinary teams of experts to weigh and prove damage to reputation.